Saturday, December 6, 2014

2nd Annual Bead Hoarders Blog Hop...Reveal Time!!!


Once again Lori Anderson invites us to stop hoarding and start creating! Many of us beady people tend to hoard, stash, squirrel or otherwise keep a tight grip on many of the lovely beads we acquire. So Lori is challenging us again to pull out those gorgeous beads and use them...it's time to create some gorgeous designs! I must say last time I participated in this hop I went creative crazy. I was very inspired. This time I am in the middle of a 6 day...that's right SIX...show that spreads over 2 weekends and started right after Thanksgiving! I do this show every year and every year I tell my family this will be the last year...that started about 10 years ago! Anyway, the long and the short is I only created one necklace this time around and I am writing this post just after 11pm with my hubby reminding over the shoulder it will be bedtime soon because tomorrow is an early morning. Oh the life of an artist!


Beads from the "collection" (my preferred term...hoarder seems so ugly for such beauty) are the stunning seahorse pendant from Nan Emmett of Spirited Earth and boro beads from Firelily. The seaglass is new from Lisa Lodge of Pine Ridge Treasures. She holds some wonderful destash and bead challenge kits and events in her Facebook group. The piece is finished with copper chain, one of my handmade spiral clasps. All the copper is antiqued and sealed by me.


I wore this piece to my show today. I haven't decided if I will list it my shop or keep it for myself...I still have enough beads in my stash to make another and at least 3 more seahorse pendants from Nan...maybe I should sell this one! LOL! Well that's it for me...I'm off to bed soon for a busy day tomorrow. I will hop around next week while I am trying to recover from this show craziness :) Please visit Lori's blog here for a complete list of participants...I know there will be tons of gorgeous eye candy to see! ~Kari

27 comments:

  1. the sea glass gives that awesome underwater feeling - great pairing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would certainly be tempted to keep that necklace if I were you. The sea glass, boro beads, and copper are a perfect setting for the seahorse. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created one GREAT piece for the hop. I think it'd be a keeper for me too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice! keep it! I love the sea glass with the seahorse focal....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, you definitively gave that seahorse such a nice home. :) Seaglass makes so much sense !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and brilliant design! Love this color palate too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seahorses and your seahorse necklace is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful...I can picture a mermaid wearing this gorgeous necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a LOT from Nan AND Firelily! Aren't they great? I just love them, and you did a magnificent job of everything!


    Thank you so much for participating, and don't forget to post your pieces in the special Pinterest board, http://www.pinterest.com/limamike/bead-hoarders-blog-hop/, and join the Facebook group (also welcome to your friends) www.BeadSoupCafe.com -- hope to see you at other hops!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so love sea glass and the seahorse is a treat. You pulled it all together splendidly. Keep this one and make another to sell. Afterall it has been in your stash for a while you should enjoy it a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us. I vote for keeping it, but I'll bet if you decide not to it sells well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That seahorse pendant is beautiful and I love those beads you used with it. This is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the word collection too. That being written, I'm not sure I could give up that sea horse pendant! It's quite beautiful, and you've highlighted it very well with your necklace design & accompanying beads. Very pretty piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kari, Your necklace is lovely. The sea glass is perfect with the seahorse pendant. I really like boro beads too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful necklace, the sea glass sets the pendant off so well, would love to wear this at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can only imagine someone will want to buy this right off your neck because it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes if you decide to sell it you will not have it sitting long, what gorgeous beads and what an absolute pretty creation you made with them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I really love your necklace. What a beautiful combination. And I agree with you, collection is a much better word for all the beauties than hoard.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely necklace! I also have a nice size hoard of Nan's work in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like your necklace a lot. Be sure to check my blog. I made a necklace using one of your pendants. http://ingetraud.wordpress.com/2014/10/25/third-annual-octoberfest/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a chance to take a look and I love it! Such a wonderful choice of beads to go with that pendant.

      Delete
  21. I always look forward to your designs and this one is no exception. A real winner! Did you manage to make it home from the show with it or did someone buy it right off of your neck?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do still have it Shaiha...I only wore it to the show one day and decided not to press my luck since I don't think I'm quite ready to part with it :)

      Delete
  22. Love your designs...I check back frequently to see what's new...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jika anda ingin mainkan permainan Judi Dragon & Tiger dengan lebih mudah dan mendapatkan keuntungan banyak segera dicoba menggunakan Bobol Server Judi Dragon & Tiger.

    Hoki Pasti
    Info Jitu

    ReplyDelete